Each Month We Feature An Artist That Inspire Us.
Name: Ann Manankina
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Mixed media: graphic work with digital post-production
Social Media: Facebook: Ann-Manankina Instagram: a_ne_mna
Tumblr: annamanankina Behance: Ann Manankina
1. If you could meet any artist (past/present) who would it be? And why?
I would like to meet Aubrey Beardsley, cause in addition to his great artwork, I also admire his personality and his unconventional views on life. Also, he had a great influence on the book graphics.
2. Did your childhood environment have any influence on your creativity?
All children draw some doodles and stuff. But I was quite fanatical, not to stop until this day.
3. Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others?
To feel, to pay attention to details in everyday life. Not to be afraid of the unknown or convert all your fears and uncertainty into work.
4. What does "being creative" mean to you?
Get new experience and to look at things from different angles.
5. On a lighter note what Muppet character best fits your personality? And why?
Cookie monster, of course. Because he is the most expressive and demanding of them all)
Leave a comment